Re: [Healeys] 64 BJ8 Starting

To: frogeye@porterscustom.com, dan@warner-associates.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 64 BJ8 Starting
From: Warthodson@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 20:06:06 EDT
I will also be starting up, for the first time, a '64 BJ8 (Phase I) in a  few
weeks. Small world. To test the electrics, I plan to temporarily install a
small (10 to 15 Amp) fuse in line with the power lead from the battery to  the
solenoid. I will then turn on the ignition switch. If the fuse does not  blow,
I will then test each electrical sub circuit, one at a time, such as the
horn, lights, turn signal, wiper, etc. If they all pass, I will then crank the
engine over with the plugs removed to bring up oil pressure. Lastly, I will
reinstall the plugs & fire up the beast.
Gary Hodson

In a message dated 3/22/2008 11:52:43 A.M. Central Daylight Time,