Re: [Healeys] BN1 vs BN2 Front Fenders

To: Doug Newton <dougnewton@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN1 vs BN2 Front Fenders
From: <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 9:07:59 -0600
Doug, I autocrossed my Healey 100 with 165/80 15s, 60 spoke wire wheels, and
front disc brakes from a later Healey, no clearance problems with the earlier
smaller radius  front fenders.

I alsa had a tube shock conversion on the front, don't know it that would make
any difference, uses stock bump stops,  the 165/80s should have a bigger
diameter than the 185/60s you are using so I would think you would be OK on the
fender radius, don't know about side clearance, but plenty of 3000 driver's run
185s so that should be alright as well.

Nice tire size comparison link here:  http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Greg Lemon