Re: [Healeys] Adjustable steering question

To: Weston Keyes <westonkeyes@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Adjustable steering question
From: BJ8 Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:54:24 -0400
Hi, Wes -
Although most BJ8s had adjustable steering, it wasn't considered "standard" by
the factory.  It is always listed in the optional equipment on the BMIHT
certificates.
Evidence indicates the overwhelming majority of cars built for the U.S. market
(as most of the cars were) had adjustable steering.  Most non-adjustable
steering cars that have a record in the BJ8 registry were Home market (RHD)
cars or non-North American cars.

I have recorded that the car you are working on has the BMIHT certificate
available.  It will tell you whether the car had adjustable steering or not.

Cheers!

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry