Re: [Healeys] New guy again question again

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] New guy again question again
From: BJ8 Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 9:12:17 -0400
Hi, Wes -
I can't comment on the reasons for changes in the clutch, but factory rebuilt
engines got a different serial number from what might have been on the original
engine that was rebuilt (at least, by the time the BJ8s came along).  Original
BJ8 engine serial number pattern was 29K/RU/HXXXXX, while factory rebuilt
engines got serial numbers that look something like this:  68G259RSXXXXX.

Does your engine have a serial number plate on it?

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA