Re: [Healeys] Art Astor Collection, MGB Healey

To: Jim Culp <jculpjr@yahoo.com>, DENewman2@aol.com, sbyers@ec.rr.com,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Art Astor Collection, MGB Healey
From: Jim Culp <jculpjr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:08:21 -0700 (PDT)
Jim Culp <jculpjr@yahoo.com> wrote: Don,

I spoke with a gentleman at R&R about the MGB paint. He made an interesting
comment.  He recommended that I call him back in about three months when I get
closer to needing the paint.  He said that his MGB formulation had a shelf life
of no more than three months as paint that matures past that time comes out
looking more silver than gold "for some reason" he said.  He also made the
point that after that time frame he is required to switch from the current
formulation (which I assume is oil based) to a water based paint.  He
insinuated that I should get the current blend while the gettin' is good.

FYI.

Jim
(resent as "message too big")

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money & Finance.
http://mail.yahoo.com
http://mail.yahoo.com