[Healeys] CA SB1549 - gutted and SUBSTANTIALLY changed

To: "Austin Healey Group" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] CA SB1549 - gutted and SUBSTANTIALLY changed
From: "Randall Harris" <1968xke@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:16:51 -0700
*Apologies if you already saw this post on the BCF. I'm trying to reach as
many as possible:

April 9,'08  - Senator Dean Florez has seen the light. Or,
he has been "encouraged" to see the light. Either way,
proposed California laws have a way of changing and morphing
as they wind their merry way through the bowels of the State
Capitol. What comes out rarely looks like what goes in (to
crudely use a scatalogical metaphor) SB1549 has been
SUBSTANTIALLY amended. No comment yet, but...
It is worth reading so I am sending you the official link to ponder...

http://tinyurl.com/5jlxvk

As my friend and mentor in such matters once said, there's
two things you never want to see, one is sausage being made,
the other is laws being negotiated in California.

Cheers!

Randy  '68 OTS, '66 BJ8*