[Healeys] tach cable issue?

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Healeys] tach cable issue?
From: "Jerry Costanzo" <grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 08:58:16 -0700
My tach quit about a few months ago.  I noted that the cable at that time was
still spinning so I sent the tach to MOMA for repair.  She did not note
anything wrong, but cleaned it.  I put it back in and it quit again in two
weeks but this time the cable broke.   I put in a new cable and it was making
some noise on the way to the Chico car show so I put my hand back there to
adjust the bends in the cable.  The entry point to the tach was very hot, so I
disconnected the cable.   Are the MOSS supplied cables a little long at the
tips?  Perhaps that extra length is causing too much friction?

Jerry
BN4