Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Ride Height

To: Charlie Frazer <cfrazer@jcomm.uoregon.edu>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Ride Height
From: Robert Blair <rnbmail@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 20:30:58 -0700 (PDT)
Charlie,

The rear ride height on the late BJ8s were raised by the factory using
a suspension mod after multiple complaints about the low exhaust being
bashed too often.  The result was an ugly gap between the top of the
tire round and the bottom of the rear fender round, and consequently
the tire round was not concentric with the fender round.  This is
normal and to spec - but it loks like someone botched a suspension
overhaul.

As I did not like this appearance either, I lowered the rear of the car
by simply adding 2 inch aluminum blocks between the springs and the
axle and using extended U bolts accordingly.  As the spring is under
the axle, the body is dropped from the axle by the 2 inches or however
thick the block is.  Bingo, a BJ8 rear that looks just like an early
Healey.  Easy to do.

Robert.

--- Charlie Frazer <cfrazer@jcomm.uoregon.edu> wrote:

> According to the archives, back in July '06 KingR44916 asked...
>
> "after installing new rear springs on my bj8 the ride height is 29 in
> it
> seems alittle high ,tires don't full up the wheel well i'm running
> 206
> 65 r15
> what to do or just leave it alone any help is appreciated"
>
> Unfortunately, there are no responses in the archives.
> I have 165 tires, but the same question about ride height.
> I'd be grateful for any advice.
> Thanks,
> Charlie Frazer
>
> You are subscribed as rnbmail@yahoo.com