[Healeys] su fuel pump

To: "'Healeys Newsgroup'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] su fuel pump
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 16:01:16 -0700
Hi,
Hope someone out there with a BJ8 pos ground can help me out.
My mechanic and Moss are gone for the weekend.
67 BJ8 pos ground.
Old fuel pump stopped ticking.
Mechanic told me to first check the cut off switch by bypassing it by
alligator clipping across the switch terminals. Still no click.
Got a new pump. No instructions as to pos or negative terminals but it looks
just like the old one. Hooked it up. No click. Won't start.
Ran a voltmeter across the two wires that are going to the pump. It shows a
12v current so power is going to the pump.
Fuses look fine and the fuse to the starter is the same for the pump and the
starter is working.
Do these new pumps not click?
Any suggestions?
I have Moss part number 377-245 pos ground fuel pump electronic, SU
Does electronic mean no click?
TIA
Ron