Re: [Healeys] Fw: FW: Big Healey Hardtop Shell

To: rusd@sitestar.net, cbaustin@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fw: FW: Big Healey Hardtop Shell
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 00:03:45 EDT
I think the base question was where one could find a shell that  matched
original specs and appearance and for that you would need...an  original.

All of the aftermarket tops I have seen vary substantially in  appearance
from the so-called factory tops and none graced the car quite as  well.  The
NICAL top for the BN1-2 is a nice item but of course  there never was a
"factory"
top to which it can be compared, and the tops  that were available for them
back in the day was so weird in appearance as to  make anything look good
(sorry
Charley!).  Fitting Nick's  top was far from easy and required a lot of
pulling and  tugging--in many respects as I'm sure Dave Russell can testify.

I believe that both Denis Welch and The Cape, both in the UK, are good
sources for reconditioned factory tops, but shipping and exchange  rates will
probably make them quite expensive.  However factory tops  in need of various
levels of restoration are often available whether  in the club mag classifieds
or
on ebay, etc.

Best--Michael Oritt

In a message dated 5/6/2008 10:59:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,