Re: [Healeys] left turn signal light problem

To: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>, "healey list"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] left turn signal light problem
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 09:22:10 -0400
Richard,

This sounds like there is a short between the left signal feed wire in the
column and earth. I've seen this occur when a new stator tube harness is
installed. The eye terminals at the top of the tube have to make a tight 90
degree turn in there to connect to their respective switch screws. The eye
terminals on the original stator harness are much smaller and are well
sleeved with rubber to prevent this problem. Todays after market replacement
harness has much larger eye terminals that can cause the problem.
Unplug the harness from behind the grille and see if there is continuity
betwen the left turn signal bullet and earth. If there is, you've found the
problem.

Rich Chrysler