Re: [Healeys] fridays funnies

To: "Richard Ewald" <richard.ewald@gmail.com>, "JIM LAUGHRIDGE"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] fridays funnies
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 09:52:05 +1000
G'day

I have said it before how much I loath pedants with their smarmy smiles
knowing that they are right.

"British did not build televisions" ??????

Perhaps the name of John Logie Baird may not seem familiar. A Scotsman
who is credited as the inventor of the world's first working television
system. He transmitted the first TV transmission as early as 1925.

If you're into Sci Fi and have read the novel "Contact" by Carl Sagan
you will have read about the fascinating concept of early TV
transmissions of Hitler at the 1936 Berlin Olympics being picked up by
little green men many years later and realising that we were here.

I suspect that Baird TVs didn't leak oil, but don't know about
electrons.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia