Re: [Healeys] Strange Problem

To: "Healey Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Strange Problem
From: "Leonard Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 19:28:59 -0700
Alan:  If you will look in your Moss catalog for HD8 carbs, you will see
part number 80.  This "Shaft Assembly, carb, coupling" is connected to each
carb's shaft by parts 73 and 74.  It is, in fact, possible to have one
butterfly opening while the other is not, or at least not in sync, if one or
both of the couplings becomes loose.  Somewhere in the carb adjusting
instructions, I recall that you loosen these, tune each carb independently,
then tighten them up when everything is in balance.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031

.