Re: [Healeys] Healey on fijii list

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey on fijii list
From: BJ8 Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 12:31:31 -0400
Thanks, John and Dallas, for explaining fijii/Kijiji.  I had never heard of
either one.  As far as the car, now that I have had a chance to look at the
actual ad at the Kijiji site, I wonder why someone would go to the trouble and
expense to install rack and pinion steering in a car that had only been driven
27K miles in 42 years, unless that is a mistake in the description.

The asking price is either a mistake in the listing also, or a scam.  Extremely
low asking prices is one of the prime tip-offs to a scam, and photos can be
lifted from websites for scams.

Might be legitimate, but I think I would want some answers to a few questions
before seriously considering responding to the ad.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA