[Healeys] Roadside Failers

To: "David Nock" <healeydoc@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Roadside Failers
From: "John Soderling" <jsoderling@astound.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 15:33:59 -0700
 What roadside failures have you had while traveling in your
Healey ??????????

  a.. Fuel pump quite (able to get home hammering on bulk head)  2000
  b.. Tire tread separation (limped home at 25 mph)  2002
  c.. Broken pedal shaft lever (able to get home using choke)  2003
  d.. Sheared stud on front brake cylinder (able to continue driving carefully
to an auto restoration shop in Redmond, WA, where both owner and mechanic were
former Austin Healey owners and they fixed it free!  Removed cylinder, drilled
out broken stud, taped hole, installed new stud, reinstalled cylinder and
bleed my brakes - on the road one hour later)  2007
Fifty thousand miles and so far I've never been stranded or had to be a
towed.

Vrooom vrooom,
John
100-Six  Erika the Red