Re: [Healeys] Power Outlet

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Power Outlet
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 01:07:02 EDT
In a message dated 5/14/08 9:37:09 PM, healeys-request@autox.team.net writes:

> To install a power outlet, such as for charging a cell phone, in a car with
> a positive ground electrical system, is it simply a matter of running a wire
> from the positive post on the power outlet to a adequate ground, running a
> wire from the negative post on the power outlet to a "hot" wire such as one
> of the terminals with a white wire on the ignition switch, and then
> isolating the metal portions of the power outlet body from touching any
> metal parts on the car?

Here's my opinion and I'm sticking to it: If you're violating originality by
installing a power outlet, then do it properly and first convert your car to
negative ground. It's just too easy to screw something up, make a bad contact,
and fry an otherwise good piece of electronic gear, which can go from a little
expensive to very expensive.
Cheers
Gary

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family
favorites at AOL Food.