Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 2, Issue 290

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 2, Issue 290
From: Go2ghill@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 02:18:31 EDT
> I am going to be doing a Tech Session at Conclave in San Diego  in
> late June on Roadside Failures and what to do, carry, etc. I  am
> putting a list together of different roadside failures that  people
> have had.
>
> What roadside failures have you had  while traveling in your
> Healey ??????????

Roadside  failures, I've had a few problems including the jet assembly
rubber going bad and causing gas to drip on the muffler which is very  scary.
I've
got a hole in a float, so I put the  float on a stove at low heat, steamed the
gas out, and fixed  it by sealing with JB Weld. Carb screen have become
clogged, and  needles have become loose.

Fuel pump, condenser, headlights, clutch, and coil have gone bad, I've
knocked off the muffler several times, had 5 or more flat tires and wiring
shorts.
Last year the gearshift rubber cover got a big hole so  I used the head of a
toilet plunger to keep the heat out till I  got it replaced. I've never had to
tow my Healeys in 37  years. Club members have saved me on several occasions.
Hopefully you will publish your Tech Session materials for those that will
not have the pleasure of hearing it live.
Greg Hill
BN4
BJ8

favorites at AOL Food.