Re: [Healeys] Jumpy Speedo Redux

To: "'Bob Spidell'" <bspidell@comcast.net>, "'healeylist'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Jumpy Speedo Redux
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 12:26:50 -0400
Hi Bob,
I'm not sure if this has been covered but....if there is any bending of the
inner speedo cable the needle will quiver.
To check it you lay it flat and straight on a floor and then roll it along
with your finger tips.
If it is straight it will roll along, if it is not it will jump about.
With this test you can straighten a bent inner cable but it takes patience.

Michael Salter
100 (1953)
AHX12 (1953)
Bugeye (1961)