Re: [Healeys] That funny little hole in the bell housing.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] That funny little hole in the bell housing.
From: "P.M. Pollock" <pollpete@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 16:09:05 -0700
I had about a teaspoonful after each run from my first to last drive in
my BJ7 (30+ years- it now sits awaiting me to get a Round Tuit).

Funny thing was when I bought him new, I promptly returned to the dealer
to fix the leak.  So the BMC dealer pulled the transmission, fiddled
around, said it was fixed, etc.- clueless.  I didn't figure out the oil
thrower and Archimedes screw until I tore the engine down many years later.

Isn't there a funny quote from one of the Healey clan to the effect that
LBC oil leaks are deliberate to inhibit rust?

Regards,

Pete Pollock

--
IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any