Re: [Healeys] Austin Healeys at Goodwood

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Austin Healeys at Goodwood
From: "Ed's Shop" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 16:33:17 -0600
<<8) A Sebring kit there.>>

I didn't even know they were still around, Simon!!  POS<G>

<<Didn't do anything for me.>>

You are NOT alone there!!!  LOL

<<Was all by itself as if the other Big Healeys were shunning it!>>

There was a doubt in your mind<G>??  Of COURSE they were!!!
With good reason, I might add!!

Kinda of a funny story.  17-18 years ago wife talked me into going to the Chi
Auto Show (which IS kinda un-real) even tho I have absolutely NO use for the
things called "cars" then or now!!  Evidenced by my daily driver for the past
20+ years has been 1 of 2 '70 El Caminos!!  Amber, my current one is #9 in
Caminos I have owned CONSECUTIVELY!!

Anyway, the were a pair of Sebrings on display with the same bonnet badge as we
all know and love!!  Next AM I called DMH and told him about it for which he
thanked me.  Had to go back to the show the following Friday (4 days later)
with Healey Friends in town visiting just to go to show.  I steered us very
early on the Sebring "booth" just so they could see one.

Guess what was no longer on the front of the cars (just 2 holes)???
I L'dOL!!!

Ed
'63 BJ-7 (Hortense THE Healey wearing STD ILL plates    AH BJ 7    )
'70 El Camino (Amber wearing STD ILL truck plates    AH BJ 7    )[#9]
'70 El Camino (Blackie wearing STD ILL generic truck plates)[#8]
        in SERIOUS need of full resto, so for sale (org & complete)
'73 Black Tulip MGB (Murial wearing STD ILL plates    CINS 73    )[wife's]
'06 Malibu Maxx (Silvia)[wife's](fantastic "new" car, if there is one<G>)