Re: [Healeys] paint question

To: "'Ed's Shop'" <shop@justbrits.com>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] paint question
From: "chris " <chriseye@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 21:09:24 -0700
There are things that can be done to restore old paint.
The first thing to do is wash the paint really well. There are many good
car wash soaps on the market. I'm currently using the Pep Boys brand.
The stuff from Griot's Garage looks good, but I haven't tried it. Also
Dawn dish soap works well.
If the paint job has a clear coat, you might not be able to do more than
wash it and wax it. Mothers California Gold is a good wax.
If it is a paint job without a clear coat, the top layers of paint can
be polished off with rubbing compound. Rubbing compound can remove the
top sun baked and dirty layer, thus exposing a pristine layer from
below. Another way to rejuvinate sun baked dry paint is to a wax made by
Wenol which seems to put oil back into the paint.
chris ioakimedes
Fairfax California
www.fattiretrading.com