Re: [Healeys] 3000 fuel pump access

To: "'Greg Lemon'" <glemon@neb.rr.com>, "'Healey'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 3000 fuel pump access
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 08:03:11 -0700
Jim:

Make sure you test the pump in the car before removing/replacing it.

I thought my BJ8's pump was bad but it turned out to be the 40yo wiring
instead. Found that only after removing it.
Also I found that I had to remove the two vertical screws on the back-rest
(squib/squab?) then lift the top half way up, then push on the back rest and
only then would the seats come up and out because of the angles of the
studs. Yes, I had removed the four wing-nuts from below first :-)
I just got my car back from my mechanic who checked my re-wiring and
installed a second pump with a three-way hidden switch. #1pump, off, #2
pump.
Ron Davies
SoCal
67 BJ8