Re: [Healeys] No crank/start/electrical

To: "'Fred Wescoe'" <fredwescoe@windstream.net>, "'Healey List'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] No crank/start/electrical
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 12:21:10 -0400
Hi Fred
Glad to hear that you are up and about after your heart issues.
I think that you are on the right track. If your car is using an alternator
things may be a little different but it seems to me that the heavy brown
wire which runs from the starter solenoid to the regulator is your problem.
This wire carries all the power to the car.
I would suggest that you use a good quality test light and check to see if
there is power on both ends of that wire. The most likely culprit is the
connection on the regulator. It may be just a case of tightening the little
grub screw a 1/4 turn
I think there is an eyelet connector on the solenoid end of the wire on your
car and these are pretty reliable.

Michael Salter
100 (1953) #174
AHX12 (1953)