Re: [Healeys] Steering Box Seal

To: "'Frank Clarici'" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Steering Box Seal
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 14:36:57 -0700
I bent the tip of a (cheap) long, thin slotted screwdriver 90deg and
used it like a pick.

To replace, I flattened (like a screwdriver) the last inch or so of two
long steel rods on a bench grinder and "walked" the seal up the shaft
with the rods and gentle hammer taps.  The rods need to be long enough
to clear all the brackets and hardware around the steering box.

bs