Re: [Healeys] redline

To: "'healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] redline
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 03:22:17 -0700
Jim, I saw no noticeable difference in shifting with the Redline MTL-90 in
my centershift BJ8, either.  However, last summer I was experiencing a
problem with the overdrive hanging up and failing to release and that
problem did go away when I changed to Redline.  I think somehow the problem
was related to the cheap 30W non-detergent Accel brand oil I got at
Wal-Mart.  I never had any problems before with Valvoline 30W non-detergent
oil in the tranny, and because of the phenomenal cost of the Redline in the
absence of phenomenal shifting, I probably will go back to Valvoline when I
need to change it.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry