Re: [Healeys] Very loud clatter tentative explanation

To: "Healeys Newsgroup" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Very loud clatter tentative explanation
From: "Ed's Shop" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 17:55:24 -0600
<<Will post again if there are any more developments.>>

1st Steve, fine lookin' piece !!!

BUT, I do think you will have "more developments" if you don't replace the
Rocker Assembly mounting studs!!!  They ARE too short!!!  For "nuts" of any
type they need to have "bite" the FULL length of said fasteners !!
Looks like the studs (er [& yes I KNOW], I AM assuming the pics on the site are
of Fully Installed assembly) are 1/2" to 3/4" to short.

You "should" have a minimum of TWO (2) full turns of thread exposed AFTER
torquing.

But glad you seem to have solved the prob !!

Ed
Please visit my site at:   www.justbrits.com