[Healeys] Electrical Overdrive Enigma

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Electrical Overdrive Enigma
From: MGTD51 <mgtd51@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 19:00:02 -0400
The overdrive on my 1959 BT7 is driving me nuts.  Most of the components
are new: wiring harness, overdrive relay, throttle switch. solenoid.
Only the gear box switch is original.  I have installed a 10 amp British
fuse in the white wire running from terminal A3 on the fuse box to the
C1 terminal on the relay.  The overdrive works fine (solenoid clicks in
when in 3rd or 4th gear).  But when I connect the throttle switch and
flip on the overdrive dash board switch, I either blow the fuse, or
nothing happens.  I have connected an ohmmeter between the case of the
throttle switch and each of the terminals; there is no short.  Also, the
wiring harness seems to be ok.

Needless to say, I am driving the car without the throttle switch connected.

Any ideas.  Thanks in advance.

Larry Swift