Re: [Healeys] M---- quality

To: "Ed Orr" <eorr@cogeco.ca>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] M---- quality
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 16:13:19 +0800
Ed -

Generally I'd say valves and tappets supplied by everyone are more or
less the same, but if you get stellite valves they will last longer
and can work with the head if prepped for unleaded.

The real thing you have to watch out for are the valve guides.  They
come in all types.  Don't buy silicone-bronze unless it is installed
and guaranteed by the supplier.  Steel guides are the better way to go
but I had some minor valve sticking at cool down but now that I've run
the motor in a bit and removed the non-OEM top hat seals that problem
has gone away on the fresh rebuild on my A90.

Alan

--

Alan

'52 A90