[Healeys] On Route 66 to Conclave, Day 5

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>, Greg Brown
Subject: [Healeys] On Route 66 to Conclave, Day 5
From: Bob Brown <blkbt7@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 22:00:38 -0700 (PDT)
Day 5 (Wednesday, I think), A short day only a little over 120 miles. The
Bugeye has decided it doesn't want to participate.  Ian has been nursing it
along for a couple days, but today the engine noise got very steady and oil
pressure dropped. We reduced speed to 50 mph downhill and slower uphill.
Limped into Dave Porter's in Albuquerque, NM before noon and we are still in
Albubuerque. The main bearing on number 4 had spun, Dave found a set of
bearings in town but due to other commitments we didn't get the bearings to
Dave until late. Assembled, and headed out. Didn't get out of town, same
symptoms returned. Just left Dave's for the night, did some measuring of
clearances, that we should have done earlier, have a plan to make a fix and
put new bearings in #4 again tomorrow. With a lot of luck we will be on the
road again in the morning. We'll skip our stop in Gallup and go straight to
the Grand Canyon and be in San Diego Sunday as planned.
Bob