[Healeys] Fw: The results of your email commands

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Fw: The results of your email commands
From: Bob Brown <blkbt7@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 16:58:06 -0700 (PDT)
Day 8 - Needles, CA, Left the Grand Canyon this AM a few minutes before
schedule, should have been much earlier.
50 miles down AZ RT60 to pick I-40
for a strech before returning to "our" RT 66. The old road still exists in
western
Arizona but not many people use it. Had the usual I had one of them
back when in Williams, AZ. RT 66 does not follow
I-40 but goes significantlly
north of the Interstate, good condition and noone else on the road.From
Kingman we took a
RT 66 version through the Black Mts. Narrow, twisty road,
very few others around. Couldn't run fast due
conditions and heat, both cars
running hot, don't know the ambient temperature but it is hot.
When we
arrived in Needles it was 106 in the shade! Just before getting out of AZ we
went through the
town of Oatman, an old mining town, now a tourist
attraction. Miners had brought donkeys to the area to work
and when the mines
closed they turned the donkeys loose. Donkeys now roam the area freely, many
on the main street
and tourist buy carrots to feed to wandering animals.
Gunfights are also staged on the main street, stopping traffic,
entraining, a
nice break from drving and the ladies got a chance to shop that they were no
expecting.
Tomorrow is the last day of our RT 66 adventure, we will arrive
in San Diego for 4 days of Conclave.
I hope my writings do not discourage
anyone from a trip to future Conclaves, especially 2010 that will be hosted by
the Midwest Region in northwestern Illinois.
Bob