Re: [Healeys] Electric Radiator Fan Advice

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Electric Radiator Fan Advice
From: John Harper <ah@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 09:52:32 +0100
Alan

I realise that I am not replying to your query but it might be of
interest to you to know that many years ago I 'invented' an adapter that
screwed into the top of the A90 Atlantic (un-pressurised) radiator and
then allowed a 7 PSI radiator cap, as fitted to 100s, to be inserted
into the top. A chap called Den Barlow had it engineered and it became
available through the Atlantic Owners Club who later merged with the
Austin Counties Car Club. I don't know if the ACCC still have any but
many owners fitted these and they cured many overheating problems.

The only small thing to check is that the extra pressure will find
existing leaks and a heater near to failure might do just that. However
as everything in good order is the same as the 100 no problems should
occur.  If any problem should occur then the adapter can just be
unscrewed and the original cap refitted.

As I am sure that you are aware pressurising the cooling system raises
the boiling point of the coolant.

Regards

--
John Harper