[Healeys] Did you know? (shrouds)

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Did you know? (shrouds)
From: Jim Culp <jculphealey@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 04:56:54 -0700 (PDT)
As work continues on my chassis, I found out an interesting tidbit about my
car.  The front shroud on our cars (at least on 3000's, but I believe on all
big Healeys) was originally 7 pieces of aluminum that were welded together to
form the shroud.

This may not be news to many of you here, but I did not know this.

If anyone has interesting facts about our great cars that may not be widely
known, please share them with us.

Here is a link to a photo showing my shroud.  Two of the cut lines are shown
in the photo- one between the two hands shown, and another between the two red
arrows.  The drilled holes that you see were put there by one of the previous
two owners of my car so that the half inch of filler he slapped on would have
something to hold on to.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/jculpjr/Healey%20chassis/holeswithmark
s.jpg