Re: [Healeys] Why did they make it like that?

To: "Michael Gladwin" <michaelgladwin@mac.com>, "Healey List"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Why did they make it like that?
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 08:37:30 +0800
Mike -

I would almost be certain that when they designed the head they ran
into a problem with the water gallery / head bolt connections with the
block and balancing that with giving the head enough strength not to
crack, probably the easiest solution was to make the port taller and
square rather than round.  Remember they made these when round or
square would have made no difference in the power output of these
cars.

Alan