Re: [Healeys] Replacement Radiator Fan

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Replacement Radiator Fan
From: Carlos Cruz <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 16:55:55 -0700 (PDT)
Ron,

  I had the SS flex fan from Moss for a while before my rebuild.  It's ok at
best when at speed and downright sucks in slow, stop and go traffic.  Probably
because it doesn't flex at slow speeds.  Now I run the 5 blade fan and it works
well.  Been on for 3 years with no overheating issues.

  I may still have the flex fan at home.  You're welcome to it.  I can ship it
tomorrow overnight if you need it in SD, CA.  Just reimburse me for the
shipping.  Let me know

  Hope that helps.

  Cheers,
  Carlos

Ron Fine <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net> wrote:
  I need to replace my radiator fan (original 6 blade) because it lost one of
the blades on two day ago while I was 50 miles north of San Diego on my way to
Conclave. I will post more information and my impressions of my first Healey
conclave later. For now, I am trying to decide which replacement sold by Moss
to buy. There is a red 5 blade plastic fan or a 6 blade SS (flex blade) fan
to pick from. Has anyone had any negative experience with either of these
fans??

Ron Fine
61BN7 ( in need of some repairs)