Re: [Healeys] Healey California trip mileage - others sought

To: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey California trip mileage - others sought
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 10:07:08 +0800
Steve -

I didn't realize you had 1.6 rockers on your car - that could have
been enough to make your car run with poorer mileage.  Usually
increasing cam duration and increasing valve lift will reduce your
mileage.

You say you have a stock cam - is it a stock BN6 cam or a stock BJ8
cam?  if BN6 cam you should be getting better mileage.

The headers and manifolds shouldn't make much difference so that wouldn't be it.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8