[Healeys] New car!

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] New car!
From: "Peter Linn" <greylinn@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 20:17:58 +1000
G'day list

I've just acquired BN1/223926 to keep the Ward Special company. This car left
the factory on 10 February 1955, 2 weeks after the Ward Special's first
incarnation was built. It was a Healey blue with blue RHD export, which was
delivered new here in Brisbane. It very nearly met its end in a paddock after
a fatal accident but was rescued by Bob Whittred who has done much of the hard
work (chassis & body) with not a lot to start with. He didn't have a
drivetrain so has fitted a Holden V6 and auto transmission (hmmm!) The car has
a Wolseley 6/110 sourced disc brake front end, telescopic shocks and Wolseley
3.54 diff. It also has 100/6 disc wheels, widened with Chrysler rims and with
knock-ons in the centre to simulate Dunlop alloys a la record breaker.

I currently have to decide whether to stay with the Holden motor (compliance
issues) or to source an orignal type motor. I prefer the latter route - so any
Aussie listers with a 4 cylinder motor or parts thereof they're prepared to
part with, let me know!

Cheers

Peter Linn
Brisbane Oz