Re: [Healeys] Setting Timing on 100-6

To: don@anglesey.us, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Setting Timing on 100-6
From: philritten@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:49:22 -0400
Don/All,

I seem to have gotten answers that BTC is both on the left and the right. I'm
guessing that what I'm hearing is the crank pulley (harmonic balancer?) is
turning clockwise as viewed from the front over the radiator, and that BTC is
either where the mark on the balancer is left of the indicator on the block or
if you put a mark on the balancer at 15 degrees BTC, it would be right of the
original mark. Correct?

It sounds as though the thing to do is to put marks at 5/8 (15 deg) and 1/2 (10
deg) on the balancer (to the right of the original mark) and line those up with
the mark on the block using the timing light. Correct?

Thanks,
Phil