Re: [Healeys] Rotor Buttons

To: sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rotor Buttons
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:40:34 +0800
It's not a mechanical failure that causes these rotors to fail.  The
rivet is installed in a way that causes microscopic cracking in the
rotor, then a few hundred miles later with heat and voltage the cracks
propogate (it's all microscopic, you typically can't see it) and the
rotor fails.  Only buy rotors without brass rivets.

--

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1