Re: [Healeys] Overdrives

To: Editorgary@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overdrives
From: "Ronald A. Fine" <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:39:25 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Is there any way to determine if the overdrive has disengaged?  My situation is
that when I broke a fan blade on the way to Conclave I was traveling about 75
mph with overdrive engaged.  I immediately shut down the engine, put it in
neutral to coast to the side of the freeway and then flipped the overdrive dash
switch off.  Is there any way I can check to see if the overdrive has actually
disengaged?? I haven't driven the car since but I have repaired the damage and
I am ready to back it out of my garage.

Ron Fine
61BN7