[Healeys] Transmission Conversions

To: healeys@autox.team.net, modifiedhealeys@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Healeys] Transmission Conversions
From: Warthodson@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 10:05:59 EDT
I recently read the article in the June 2008 issue of the Austin  Healey
magazine by Tracy Drummond concerning a Smitty transmission conversion  & I
noticed the pilot bushing bearing was installed in the flywheel, not in  the
crank
shaft. What is the reason/benefit for this?
Also, do you think the reason the original bearing (mentioned in the
article) failed was because it was brass when it should have been bronze?  Or
was
there some other reason?
Gary Hodson

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.