[Healeys] Oil leak at clutch housing

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Oil leak at clutch housing
From: Phillip Leslie <phillip.leslie@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:11:36 -0700 (PDT)
First, thanks to all who helped me with my BJ8's overdrive problem. It was a
faulty relay. The current problem is an oil leak through the drain hole in the
bottom of the clutch housing. It's the hole with the cotter key in it. This
started right after I filled the trans and overdrive with Redline MTL. Could an
overfill cause this? The dip stick is showing oil above the "high" line. I
followed the manual regarding the required number of U.S. pints but it appears
to be overfilled. Before I start draining the $10 per quart oil I thought I'd
check with the experts.