Re: [Healeys] oil pressure

To: "'healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] oil pressure
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:17:33 -0700
Jim, I think that's typical for a Healey engine.  Since an engine rebuild in
1999 (I did not replace the oil pump), my BJ8 has run at just under 40 psi
on the gauge when fully warmed up.  On really hot days (such as we had on
the trip to and from Conclave), the oil pressure dropped to just above zero
at idle.  I am using 20W-50 Castrol with the ZDDPlus additive.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC