Re: [Healeys] Castrol Classic Oil

To: "'Steve B. Gerow'" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>, "'Healeys Newsgroup'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Castrol Classic Oil
From: "Alan Bromfield" <alan.bromfield@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:58:11 +0100
The power of Marketing.
The product is a synthetic as someone has already said - I personally won't
go there due to the apparent 'searching' capability of the stuff. It seems
able to pass through the gasket materials we use.

More confusing however is the statement in the Product Data Sheet that it
exceeds API SM! That would indicate no zinc for Cat. protection. The blurbs
however says it has zinc for flat tappet protection and isn't compatible
with Cats. A contradiction I wouldn't risk. Remember the simple rule -
anything later than API SF is going downhill on the zddp content.

Personally I use VR1 20/50 on the recommend from Mike Salter's blog. It's
expensive over here in the UK, but then so is a new camshaft.
          (______www.nfahc.co.uk____)