[Healeys] Spare parts

To: "Freese, Ken" <Kendall.Freese@Aerojet.com>, "Warren Dietz"
Subject: [Healeys] Spare parts
From: "Alex" <alexmm@roadrunner.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:03:28 -0400
Speaking of door panels, and spares, I just picked up a new fuel hose for my
BT7 dual-carb.  I bought it from Moss, through my local dealer.  The
steel-jacketed hose I'm referring to goes from the fuel pipe up to the union
at the front carb.

In any case, it doesn't fit. For starters, it's way too long. Then, the
threads are incorrect. It's going back to Moss.

The repair was done safely instead, by cutting off the brass crimp metal on
the back of each nut on the original hose. I used a Dremel cutoff wheel,
although a hacksaw would work as well. Peeling off the old hose reveals
barbs that accept 1/4-in. fuel hose and clamps.

== Alex in Maine
     "The Blue Mainie," 1960 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
     "Conkling," 1946 MG TC #1321
     Former owner 1957 A-H 100-6, 1967 A-H BJ8,
     1965 MG Midget
     http://users.adelphia.net/~alexmm/ai2q.htm