[Healeys] BJ8 Interior door panels

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Interior door panels
From: Warren Dietz <flyhihealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 13:14:04 -0400
 Well, I splurged and purchased the new panels from HS and I must say they
look very good. Close to original(black). It would have been nice to go
Heritage, but I'm not a concourse guy. They fit on the door pretty well. One
problem. Now the door won't close!

 I tried trimming a few spots on the inside panel where they tuck everything
together and staple. The panels are well padded, maybe too much around the
edges where the weather stripping and panel meet. Will close only partially.

 Is this normal? Or are they not the quality I have paid for? Any tricks of
the trade I might try to get the door to close completely?

Thanks,

WD  67 BJ8