Re: [Healeys] disc brake caliper securing bolts

To: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] disc brake caliper securing bolts
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 08:57:47 +0800
Richard -

Are the threads on the axle stripped, or is it just the bolt?  If the axle
is fine, you probably don't need to threadlock the bolt.

Remember, the primary stress on this bolt is a sheer stress on the bolt
itself, so the chances of the bolt coming loose a minimal, and even if it
did, it seems you are in tune with the problem enough that you would know to
stop driving the car until it is fixed.

If the hole on your axle is in fact stripped, you can probably fix this
using a helicoil repair kit.  This will give you sufficient thread strength
to hold and keep the bolt in.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1