Re: [Healeys] [Shop-talk] MIG Welders

To: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] [Shop-talk] MIG Welders
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 22:59:34 -0700
I have had no serious problems MIG welding 1/4" steel plate pieces
with my Hobart Handler 120, -.023" wire and "C25" gas.  It isn't fast
with multiple passes but it has held up and actually looks pretty
good, too.  I wouldn't want to do it every day for 4 hours a day but
for occasional stuff it has not been a problem.

I would only use flux core for welding outdoors in a breeze or if I
were out of gas.  I agree about buying your own cylinder and
exchanging it when empty.  Probably a good idea to buy a bigger
cylinder than you first think :-)

-Roland