[Healeys] BN1 Steering Wheel

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] BN1 Steering Wheel
From: "Marvin James" <britcrs@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:27:21 -0700
I am finishing up the restoration of a '54 BN1 that someone else started
about 20 years ago. Among the new parts that came with the project is a
pristine/new steering wheel. This week when I went to install it, guess what
- it doesn't fit. The female spline diameter of the steering wheel is
smaller than the steering column spline. I tried 2 old wheels that I have
and they are measurably larger and fit fine. Other than the spline fit, the
wheel appears to be a non-adjustable Healey steering wheel.

I found a very old invoice that came with the car that shows this wheel was
purchased 12/14/89. The supplier still has it listed under the same part
number so I am going to order another one and hope for the best. I won't
wait 19 years to see if it fits.

My bottom line question is, does anyone have an idea what this wheel fits so
someone can make use of it?

Marv J