Re: [Healeys] DRIVING LIGHTS --WHAT SIZE ?

To: "Jim Lyons" <jlyons4@rochester.rr.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] DRIVING LIGHTS --WHAT SIZE ?
From: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 10:26:33 -0400
You get the same bang from either but not the same buck.   The 700's are
almost twice the price
and if you damage one good luck on finding replacement parts.    I have seen
some real cheapo
replacements but would not even consider those on a Healey or any Brit .
car.

In my findings a good set of 700s are tough to find compared to the 500s and
your still getting
the same results from both.  I have accumulated 4 of the 700s (used
originals) but still have not decided whether or not I really want to go
through the hassle of relay wiring, and wondering if I have enough amperage
and if one light goes out do I want them to take out half of my lighting or
all the lights ,  so on and so forth.

At this stage of the game , "high beams" seem like they would work just fine
and after all non of my daily cars have the drive /foggies on them and I
have  made it this far.

JMO,   Mark