[Healeys] Windshield Wiper Repair

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Windshield Wiper Repair
From: "Price" <price@advocateadvisors.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 03:16:25 +0000
I'm trying to replace the rubber washers under the chrome bezel of my wipers -
the car leaks like a sive. The chrome nut is frozen. When I turn the chrome
nut, the housing (the piece the nut attaches to) also turns.

How would you suggest I free the nut?  Should I hold the rear bush with vice
grips and "pinch" the wheel box housing - sounds like a bad choice. Should I
cut the wheel box housing and replace it - another less than desireable choice.
Is there a way to get to the piece to which the nut is attached from under the
dash?  Do I need to remove the dash to do this work or replace the wheel
housing?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Price Lindsay
'67 BJ 8